Rosa Martinez, Salon Rosa M
I had the pleasure of meeting and spending time with our feature salon owner, Rosa Martinez. She is such a hard worker, incredibly talented, and such a humble and kind soul. I know first hand, she has worked her butt off to get to where she is today, and It has really paid off. She has worked with celebrities like Mindy Kaling, Jenn Fredderick from Fox 29, Natalie Guercio from Mob Wives, The Salon Guy, and the bridesmaids for Amber Roses' wedding. Check out her interview with Nina Tulio of 1N Agency. We both hope this will motivate you, inspire you , and encourage you, to share the love and keep your passion for the beauty industry.
Please follow her on Instagram and Facebook.
- How long have you been in business?
March 3 will be 4 yrs
- How many stylists do you have?
3 stylist 2 assistance
We are a boutique salon small and quaint but powerful with talent & drive to conquer big things
- What makes you passionate about the beauty industry ?
The collaboration of art and beauty and being as creative as my art desires is what makes me so passionate about the beauty industry. It's literally anything you want it to be all while looking and feeling amazing & transferring all of that vision to clients and up and coming talents.
- What advice would you give to a new salon owner?
Be sure to have a strong system in place and a clear vision to be able to have the team on board. Also be sure to build solid relationships with other salon owners that are willing to encourage and help each other any way possible. I love the power of collaboration... lol
- Is owning a salon everything you thought it would be?
Yes and no. I knew it would be difficult and I was all ready for it. But I find it hard in being pulled away from the artistry of hair that I love so much. Need to have the right support staff so the passion can still transfer correctly. But being able to set the tone and having the power to do so is the best part in owning a salon.
- List 3 tips and tools you utilize to grow your salon business.
The best form of promotion is word of mouth so I believe in the "old school" way of spreading the word. I pay attention to my interaction with clients so the experience with me in my chair is what they remember and spread the word about. But we are fortunate in so many ways to have social media so definitely IG & FB.
- Do you find season stylists or students out of school make better
team members and why ? I've never worked with a season stylist, but students out of school is what I usually to go for because they tend to be more serious about becoming hair dressers.
- Name one of your favorite quotes related to business?
"Never say you're done cause then that sets your standard...."
- Best book you have read?
I wouldn't say best but one good one was "Why not me?" By Mindy Kaling was pretty funny and interesting to hear someone's path in life.
- What is your definition of success? My definition of success is to be fulfilled and happy with what you do in life. The reward will be prosperous with a genuine heart. I'm all about "the seed you plant is the seed that grows" To sum it up , success is to be positive.