Let's talk about salon consultation questions! The absolute most important step to a successful salon experience. I like to think of a consultation as an insurance policy. It protects you from having an unhappy guest, and it ensures you your guest will leave satisfied and rebook! TIP....When scheduling appointments, it's best to add in an extra 15 minutes for new clients.
There are two parts to a consultation. An opening consultation and a closing consultation. Shocked? Not many people think about the end consulting at the end of the service, but it is the last impression your guest will have of you, so make it a good one. Let's get started on my top 8 opening consultation questions shall we…
1. What do you love about your hair? What do you dislike about your hair?
2. How much time do you spend on your hair in the morning?
3. Show me a picture or tell me about your favorite style and hair color
4. How often do you schedule an appointment for maintenance?
5. Tell me about your hair goals.
6. Tell me about your profession and your lifestyle?
7. Do you have any limitations on what I can do with your hair today?
- Be sure to talk price with your clients. Very Important. No sticker shock
So now we are just getting started. Be sure to always show pictures and have them show pictures to be sure you are on the same page. Remember, your guests are not stylists. They don't know what the differences between black hair and dark brown. It's your job to show them and explain the difference. Now, moving on to closing consultation questions. This happens when the you have finished their cut/color and you are finished styling their hair.
1. How is the length?
2. Are your bangs short enough?
3. Do you want me to remove more bulk by texturizing?
4. How does the color look? Is it light enough? Dark enough? Bright enough?
5. How do you feel?
6. Anything else you would like me to tweak for you before you go?
7. Is there anything else I can do for you today?
And finally, you walk them up front, turn them over to the receptionist and say, “If you have any questions, concerns, or need anything at all you call me anytime. Thank you so much for spending your time with me today!” And that's how it's done!
Also you can download a FREE copy of my guide with my with my top tips on being a bada$$ hairstylist. CLICK HERE to download!
Check out my monthly membership here!